Game Dame sent me this recipe for stuffed mushrooms which is going into the cocktail party file, especially when I want to kill my guests by clogging their arteries! 🙂
- About 1.5 pint size fresh mushroom caps (small mushrooms are better
than large ones), stemmed
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 8oz of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 lb of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 stick of margarine or butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Add in parmesan cheese and bacon and mix
- Fill the mushroom caps with the cheeee/bacon mixture
- Melt the butter in a sauce plan
- Dip each mushroom cap in the butter and put on a oven capable vessel. Alternatively, you can pour the butter over the mixture, though ths is less accurate.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until completely warmed through.
- Serve HOT (emphasis in original.) Do not serve them all as they are only good when served hot.
I was also thinking that to make this vegetarian, the bacon could be swapped for spinach. For those who do not like bacon, crab meat would do nicely as well.