Game Dame sent me this recipe for stuffed mushrooms which is going into the cocktail party file, especially when I want to kill my guests by clogging their arteries! 🙂
- About 1.5 pint size fresh mushroom caps (small mushrooms are better
than large ones), stemmed
- 1/2 cup of Parmesan cheese
- 8oz of Cream Cheese
- 1/2 lb of cooked bacon, crumbled
- 1 stick of margarine or butter
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees
- Take the cream cheese out of the refrigerator and bring it to room temperature.
- Add in parmesan cheese and bacon and mix
- Fill the mushroom caps with the cheeee/bacon mixture
- Melt the butter in a sauce plan
- Dip each mushroom cap in the butter and put on a oven capable vessel. Alternatively, you can pour the butter over the mixture, though ths is less accurate.
- Bake 20-30 minutes until completely warmed through.
- Serve HOT (emphasis in original.) Do not serve them all as they are only good when served hot.
I was also thinking that to make this vegetarian, the bacon could be swapped for spinach. For those who do not like bacon, crab meat would do nicely as well.
One Reply to “Game Dame’s Stuffed Mushrooms”
OoooOOoo! We are having this tonight, actually! I’m glad you liked it. It’s divoon.