Yes, I know it’s not a dog, but it’s such a silly picture. Anyway, if you have dogs in the house, make them some super snacks for the football bowl so they can get in the spirit, too.
Puppy Safe Puppy Chow
Okay, so I got this idea as I was sitting down to write my football championship recipes and my dog jumped on me, looking for food. I got to thinking, it’s her holiday, too, so we might as well do… something. Now, a lot of people food isn’t really good for dogs, so give them treats in moderation and never give them things like chocolate, onions or other dog-unsafe ingredients.
You will need:
- 2 cups full sugar peanut butter (stay away from anything with xylitol)
- 1/2 cup beef broth
- 3 cups Chex mix
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese
- Add the peanut butter with a sauce pan with 1/4 cup of beef broth.
- Slowly heat the peanut butter over medium heat, stirring occasionally
- Add more broth as needed so that the peanut butter has the consistency of thick sauce
- Pour the Chex mix into a bowl with the cheddar cheese and add the peanut butter
- Stir until well-incorporated and let sit until the peanut butter firms up
You won’t enjoy, but hopefully your dog will.