Recipe: National Cheese DayAuthor: Chris Perrin
Yep, for the next hour and fifteen minutes on the West Coast, it’s National Cheese Day, which, if we Americans would step up to the plate, would be the greatest holiday ever. Well, maybe second next to National Chocolate Day.
Just imagine… every National Cheese Day we could give each other huge wheels of cheese, cook up cheesy delights, give Cheesentine’s Day cards, make cheese wreathes…
Well, needless to say, it’s late and I’m a bit punchy, but it’s okay because all this zaniness has got me thinking about late night snack food. A lot of my late night favorites: pizza, nachos, burritos, or just cheese and crackers couldn’t be possible without cheese. So on this National Cheese day I’m going celebrate
indigestion late night snacking with a little quick-fix cheesy snack.
It’s something to feast on while I watch The Walking Dead which in no way puts me in the mind to eat anything.
Quick Four Cheese Burritos with Sour Cream Sauce
There’s no trick to this. Just add cheese and eat!
You will need:
- 1 package cream cheese
- 1/4 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1/2 cup Monterrey Jack cheese
- 8 flour taco-sized flour tortillas
- Cooking spray
- 1 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 avocado, sliced
Set the cream cheese out to come to room temperature and preheat the oven to 350.
When the cream cheese is soft, mix the cream cheese, Parm, and Monterrey Jack until well-incorporated. Spread the mixture over the flour tortillas and roll into burrito form. Place the burritos into a greased cookie sheet.
Next, make the sauce by mixing the sour cream and broth. Pour over the burritos and top with cheese.
Bake until the cheese turns melty (about 10-12 minutes) and then top with avocado.
Thanks to little blue hen for the image.
- National Health Care[caption id="attachment_765" align="alignright" width="225" caption="Chicken Noodle Soup"][/caption] No topic has...
- Seven Cheese Mac and Cheese – Junk Food Post #2The assault on good eating, continues, this time in a...
- Cheese Post #6 – Mac and Cheese MuffinsWell, weâ€™re past the halfway point of the 8 Days...
Leave a Reply