Recipe: Fantasy Top ChefAuthor: Chris Perrin
Okay, fantasy sports fans, have I got a game for you!! More drama than fantasy football, more amazing than fantasy golf, it’s
Fantasy Top Chef
Okay, let me say that I am in NO way affiliated with Bravo TV, Top Chef, or any of its affiliates, nor am I encouraging gambling or anything like that (which can get you in a lot of trouble.) I’m just a guy who hangs out with a lot of degenerate gamblers…
Fantasy Top Chef Rules
What I am advocating is that you get a group of friends together and pick chefs. (I suggest a draft. Draw numbers out of a hat and then go up the order and then back down. So if you had 8 players, you go 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 then 8,7,6,5,4,3,2,1 to ensure fairness.) Determine winners by either:
- The player with the winning chef
- You can do a points system
I was thinking about doing this:
- 1 point for each Quickfire win
- 2 points for each Elimination Challenge win
Highest point total in the end wins.
One Small Hitch
Now, Top Chef is weird since there 17 competitors so you’re going to have a few chefs left (since 17 is not divisible by anything.) If you’re doing points, that’s no big thing just leave those players undrafted. If you’re doing pick a winner, you have a number of options. The easiest thing to do is let players whose chefs are elimiated select from those remaining.
Just a thought. Something fun to do!
PS If other bloggers want to join in, I figure this is a great way to do a blog carnival. We blog about each other and the challenge.
- Fantasy Top Chef Update & Making Halibut[caption id="attachment_661" align="alignright" width="254" caption="Fantasy Top Chef"][/caption] Okay, I’ve been...
- Fantasy Top Chef Week 2Okay, real quick, for this week of Fantasy Top Chef,...
- Fantasy Top Chef — The Finale Plus Matsutake Mushrooms[caption id="attachment_661" align="alignright" width="170" caption="Fantasy Top Chef"][/caption] Okay, the final...
9 Responses to “Fantasy Top Chef”
Leave a Reply