From Kate’s blog:
About The Virtual Great American Bake Sale:
I have partnered with Share Our Strength to hold a virtual version of their yearly Great American Bake Sales held across the U.S. Every year people can sign up to host a Great American Bake Sale in their community with the proceeds going to Share Our Strength. And now, weâ€™re making it virtual!
On April 13th, I will be hosting the Virtual GABS here at Cooking During Stolen Moments. I will write up a post that includes a link to each participants blog and their bake sale recipe. Readers can go from blog to blog and look over all the yummy selections, just like you would at a real bake sale.
Also on that date, the sale of an ebook (or ebooks) will launch. The ebook(s) will be filled with recipes from the Virtual GABS participants, and anyone else who would like to contribute a recipe. The books will be available for a donation of the purchasers choosing and all of the proceeds will go to Share Our Strength.
How To Participate:
You can participate in one or all of the following ways:
- Submit a baking recipe to be included in the ebook(s). Submit a recipe before April 5th. The recipes will be compiled, and the ebook(s) will be available for purchase on April 13th. You can submit a recipe here or via email – email@example.com
- Spread the word! If you have a blog, ask your readers to submit a recipe for the ebook. The deadline for ebook recipe submissions is April 5th. Feel free to copy and paste any information in this post when you spread the word. Make sure you offer your readers either a link to this post or the email address, firstname.lastname@example.org, so they can submit their recipes.
- Tweet! Spread the word about ebook(s) and the Virtual Great American Bake Sale through twitter. Please use hashtag #vgabs.
- Participate in the Virtual Great American Bake Sale. If you have a recipe youâ€™d like to share, write up a post, include a link to the ebook purchase page (the link will be available the 12th), and then send me the URL to your post by April 12th. Iâ€™ll post a master list of all the VGABS participants on April 13th.
- Add a button in your sidebar that links to the ebook purchase page.
- Spread the word about the ebook.
- April 5th – Deadline to submit recipes
- April 13th – Kick off of the Virtual Great American Bake Sale and launch of the ebook(s) sales.
I hope youâ€™ll join me in my vision to make the Virtual Great American Bake Sale a success. Letâ€™s support Share Our Strengthâ€™s work to make sure that no child goes hungry!
If you have any questions, please donâ€™t hesitate to leave a comment or send an email to email@example.com.
So basically, to recap: you can help out one of my absolute favorite charities AND get your recipe in an eBook. Is there ANY reason not to do this??? 🙂
I mean even me, the uber-non baker is going to get into the kitchen and figure out something. (Or more likely I’ll steal a recipe from Mrs. WellDone!)
But get out there! Tweet about it!! Do it!