Hot Dogs with Peanut Butter Sauce
Inspiration comes from all types of different sources. I love it when it comes from being a smartass.
Dan, if you stand up in front of a lot people and say that Smuckers all natural peanut butter and hot dogs is a good combination, this is what you get!
Peanut Butter Sauce Recipe (Three Ways)
Okay, so basically the story goes like this. My pastor recently told a bunch of volunteers how much he loves Smuckers all natural peanut butter. This happened to be at a big to-do where we were all eating Chicago-style hot dogs. He closed his little talk with how we should all eat Smuckers all natural peanut butter because it’s good on everything. Even the hot dogs.
We all laughed. He said “Not really” and we all got popscicles.
But I got to wondering. How would peanut butter taste on hot dogs? Turns out, if you turn it into a sauce and maybe add some flavorings, it’s pretty darn good.
You will need:
- 12 tablespoons Smuckers all natural peanut butter
- 4 tablespoons water
- (optional) 3 teaspoons Dijon whole grain mustard or 1 1/2 tablespoons jelly or preserves
- 8 hot dog buns
- 8 hot dogs
So start off by making a classic Thai-style peanut sauce. Put the peanut butter and water in a saucepan over medium heat and stir until the peanut butter turns into a sauce. This should take about 30 seconds.
Once the peanut butter has reached sauce consistency, take it off the heat or it will burn. Now, if you want to flavor your sauce, add the mustard or the jelly (BUT NOT BOTH) at this time. Stir well.
Now, butter the bread and toast the buns on a skillet or on the grill. While doing that, cook the hot dogs on the grill or in the microwave.
Construct the sandwich by taking the bun, adding the hot dog, and covering with peanut butter sauce.
- #MeatlessMonday and Cooking With Your Kids: Apple, Peanut Butter and Banana SandwichesHappy #MeatlessMonday! Today we’re talking about Cooking with Your Kids...
- Good Food! unResolution Month Post #28: Vegan Hot Wings with Match ChickenAnd we continue Vegan Week of unResolution Month with Vegan...
- Spicy Hot Seitan…Over on I Am The Animal, I wrote about a new...
Leave a Reply