So tonight I did a trial run of me cooking on UStream.tv. I had a blast and I hope everyone else did. Thanks to everyone, especially those who had to keep telling me to turn off the heat before I burnt the sauce. Here’s the recording.
Here’s the video:
Anyway, here’s the recipe:
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup rice wine vinegar
- 1 can tomato sauce
- 1 tablespoon smoked paprika
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon onion powder
- salt to taste
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1 teaspoon powdered ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon hot sauce
To make the sauce, watch the video! (Kidding…)
Bring the saucepan to medium heat. Add the olive oil, the onions and a pinch of salt. Cook the onions 6-8 minutes.
Add the brown sugar and the rice wine vinegar. Stir until the brown sugar has melted and cook until vinegar is simmering.
Add the rest of the ingredients except the hot sauce and cook 10-15 minutes or until the sauce is thick. Add the hot sauce and cook another 30 seconds.
Blend (not shown).
- I’ve spent the morning reading and from what I can see, the ratio of vinegar to brown sugar was WAY off. Especially since we’re going to add peach puree to the finished product, do 1 part brown sugar to 2 parts vinegar.
- Feel free to experiment with other vinegars.
One Reply to “We Interrupt Our Regularly Scheduled Programming…”
I would like to share with you a link to your site
write me here email@example.com