Archive for the 'useless trivia' Category
Recipe: Ethan’s Egg RecipeAuthor: CommonDialogDecember 1, 2007
My son Ethan helped me make eggs this morning and this is his recipe:
- 6 eggs
- A good 2 second pour of salt
- 2 teaspoons of pepper
- 3 teaspoons garlic powder
- Heat a skillet over medium heat. When the skillet is hot, coat the skillet with a small layer of non-stick cooking spray.
- Add 6 eggs to a bowl and stir to break the yokes
- Dump in salt to help Daddy cook
- Stand over sink and desperately flick salt from eggs into sink
- Add garlic powder and pepper. Stir vigorously.
- Pour into skillet and cook until the bottom layer is mostly cooked and scramble
- Continue cooking until the eggs are no longer runny
- Serve in a bowl, not a plate with lots of orange juice
Recipe: CAPSAICINAuthor: CommonDialogNovember 22, 2007
Fellow Food Bloggers, I have decided to take a stand for truth, justice, and food science! I was watching a program on the Food Network of all places and was dismayed to find that in this, the year 2007, there is still confusion on one basic food principle. The host of the show, who shall remain nameless, once again repeated the age old myth that the heat in chili peppers comes from the seeds.
Nay and Fie On It I say!!! As we all know, the heat from chilis comes from membranes that secure the seeds to the chili’s walls. Which is probably how seeds got such a bad rap in the first place. But that is no excuse.
I am putting a stop to spice miseducation once and for all. I am announcing CAPSAICIN: the Campaign for the Awareness of Peppers, Seeds and Intense Cooking In the Net. There is no time for delay. Go to the CAPSAICIN page and copy the code so that you add your very own CAPSAICIN badge to your website or blog. Tell your friends so that they can be part of this important movement.
Now is the time for action. Now is the time to stand up and say I will not tolerate confusion as to where the heat in spicy food comes from any more. My fellow Bloggers, now is the time to proudly proclaim I am a member of the Campaign for the Awareness of Peppers, Seeds and Intense Cooking In the Net.
Thank you and good night.
I spell check every post in Word before I publish it. I was amazed today that “andouille” is not recognized as a valid word.
Recipe: Useless Food Trivia #1Author: CommonDialogSeptember 13, 2007
According to this article, the Army is now serving vegetarian meals including “penne pasta with vegetarian sausage in spicy tomato sauce.” Weird.